- born 1966 in Rostock.
- study of chemistry from 1986 to 1991 at the University of Rostock.
- 1991 Diploma and 1995 PhD in the field of Organosilicon chemistry in the group of Prof. Dr. E. Popowski.
- 1995-1998 Postdoc at Prof. Dr. G. Oehme and from 1999 scientific co-worker at Prof. Dr. M. Beller at the Institut
für Organische Katalyseforschung an der Universität Rostock e. V.
- 2000-2002 Chemist at Landwirtschaftliche Untersuchungs- und Forschungsanstalt Rostock der Landwirtschaftsberatung
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern / Schleswig Holstein GmbH (LUFA), since 2002 deputy leader of department for analytics of environmental and biological active substances at LUFA
- 2003 Project Leader „Catalysis for Energy” at the Leibniz Institute for Catalysis, since 2009 Group Leader
- since 2008 Chairman of the managing committee of the Wasserstofftechnologie-Initiative Mecklenburg-Western Pommerania e.V.
His Topic of Materials' Days 2010:
Light driven Hydrogen Generation: Efficient Iron-based Water Reduction Catalysts
You find it here.